Gypsum available @3500 per metre square including installation.
advantages of gypsum include;
1. it is very easy to apply and level gypsum plaster
2. gypsum reaction produces less heat as compared to cement reaction with water, thus, there are fewer shrinkage cracks as compared to traditional cement plaster.
3. gypsum sets quickly within 25-30 minutes, so painting could be started 72 hours after application of gypsum plaster. plaster has to be dried up before painting.
4. unlike traditional cement plaster, gypsum plaster doesn't need any curing saving water and time during construction.
5. gypsum has high productivity, thus, reduces time considerably when compared to conventional cement plaster.
6. gypsum has excellent strength after drying. and it is durable and light thus reduces dead load on structure.
7. gypsum is a readily available material
8. it is fire resistant.
9. it has low thermal conductivity thus saves electrical cost for heating and cooling rooms in a building