the piano technician executes tuning, regulation, voicing, repairs, action refurbishing, preventative maintenance, and other duties to maintain the piano inventory at an optimal level.
Essential duties and responsibilities
1. Provides specialized piano repair services, including but not limited to tuning, voicing, regulation, repairs, piano action refurbishing, and preventative maintenance.
2. Prepares concert hall pianos for all performances on a regular schedule.
3. Provides recommendations for the optimal maintenance, long-term care, and oversight of the departmental piano inventory, including the development of schedules for tunings, voicing, and regular scheduled maintenance.
4. Provides basic harpsichord tuning and repair, including tuning, plectra replacement, and restringing.
5. Maintain records and provide expertise regarding the effects of humidity and temperature changes on the piano fleet.
6. Maintains ongoing participation in training provided by the employer.
7. Collaborates in the formulation of long-term plans for the refinishing, reconditioning, rebuilding, replacement and disposition of the keyboard inventory.
8. Assists in the organization and management of keyboard maintenance operations and special projects as required or assigned.